On Friday night I received news from Things You Realize After You Get Married, a blogger who I follow, that I have received the Versatile Blogger Award. I am new to the blogging world, so I was very excited to receive this award. Fortunately, Things You Realize After You Get Married, was kind enough to post a page explaining what this award is, so I didn’t have to do much research to find out that The Versatile Blogger Award is awarded to new or recently discovered bloggers for having awesome blogs. Upon acceptance of this award there are certain rules to be followed. Since Things You Realize After You Get Married was kind enough to post this information on her blog, I will do the same on mine.
The rules are as followed…
1. Thank the award giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell your readers 7 things about yourself.
3. Give this award to up to 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and let them in on the exciting news.
I accept this award, so lets get started…
I would like to thank Things You Realize After You Get Married for giving this award to me. I discovered this blog through a comment that she had left on my blog and I immediately subscribed to this blog because of all of the inspiring advice that this author has to offer in her blog. Now that I am a married woman, I find this blog to be very insightful. It’s good to just have a very down to earth (and sometimes humorous) perspective on relationships in general and that is what I get when reading this blog.
When Things You Realize After You Get Married awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award, I seriously honored that she thought of me to award it to. It’s always a great feeling to be acknowledged by a peer (especially one with such great insightful advice) for your good work.
Now, I need to tell you (my readers) 7 things about myself. So here it goes…
1. I love swimming. Actually, I love the water in general. I love going to the beach, lake, river or whatever involves water, I’m in!
2. I am obsessed with the color pink. Call it girly, but it’s always been my favorite color. Of course, that is why I incorporated into my wedding…sorry to all the men who were in the wedding 🙂
3. I have a pastry arts certificate which I haven’t utilized for quite some time now. But I do have quite the passion for baking at home. Perhaps some day soon, I shall use it once again.
4. I can be very manipulative if you take me into a pet store. Whenever I go into a pet store with my husband, I just want to adopt every single pet in there and sometimes I even give him the sad pouty lip when I want to get a pet, I especially do this when I see a cute kitten. He has learned to ignore this, so it’s not quite that effective anymore.
5. I have always had a good eye for art, decorating and crafts. I was denied the opportunity to take any art classes in high school (they made me take 3 years of Spanish instead when I only needed 1 year for my diploma) and I still resent them to this day for that.
6. I used to play the clarinet in junior high school.
7. I was born and raised in NYC before moving to CT to be with my husband. I miss NYC like crazy, but I am happy here with my husband and I am the type of person to make the best out of my life no matter where I live.
Now I have to award The Versatile Blogger Award to up to 15 bloggers. Since I am new to the blogging world, I don’t think I even know 15 new bloggers (otherwise I would love to give out 15 awards). With that being said, here are my 3 choices:
1) The Big Girl Blog– What can I say about this blog besides the fact that it’s just amazing?! The author of this blog just has a way of captivating her readers with stories about her life experiences of being a plus size girl living in NYC (which, of course, I can relate to). From the first time that I read this blog I was hooked.
2) Eat, Drink and Get Married– The author’s blog started when she got married to her sweetheart and now they just bought such a charming house and are doing demos on it. Since my husband and I are currently house hunting, this is just such a great blog to follow as I day dream about the day that we will be doing the same (hopefully soon). A must read for any newlywed couple hoping to do the same.
3) A Dude Who Loves Fat Chicks– As my readers know, yes he’s my friend and I’ve talked to him for years. I don’t usually approve of giving out awards to people just because I’m friends with them, but I think he deserves this award because I am always for people who blog about their passions and he does just that. He has some really great art work on his blog and I love his message out there to all plus size women that there are guys who are attracted to them.
Lastly, I must notify these bloggers that they have won The Versatile Blogger Award, which I am eagerly doing right now.
Thank you to all of my readers and to Things You Realize After You Get Married for giving me this award!